It amazes me how quickly your life can take a turn that you never anticipated! One day we are talking about an "empty nest", and the next day we have two foster children in our home (ages 15 months and 3 years)! How does that happen??
I must say that in the last two months our lives have changed considerably! It is now a frequent occurrence to be wakened by an adorable little boy wanting a bottle anywhere between 2 and 5 in the morning--grinning at you as soon as you arrive to pick him up from the crib, and to be greeted upon our arrival home by squeals and a beautiful little girl running with her arms outspread! Who could say no??
How, you ask, could this happen so quickly?? I am not really sure! I only know that we were touched by two little souls that needed a home, and we had the room and the willingness to say "yes". The rest is a blur! I would love to say it has been easy, but that would be a lie--small children are not easy--but they do make all the work worthwhile! One hug or kiss is really all that I need these days to know that life is good! Caryl :)

No comments:
Post a Comment