What's new at Blue Cabbage Quilting Studio, and other fun and interesting stuff!
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Empty Nest...
Hey everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying getting their kids back to school, or at least on the way! My youngest daughter started her senior year this year, and my youngest son is a junior! Only a few more years, and my husband and I will be enjoying the infamous "empty nest". As both my youngest kiddos are currently working, and playing with their friends, it seems like the empty nest has actually come a little early... It is great having some alone time with my husband! And, I must say, the time that the kids are home is much more fun, as we are not always stepping on each others' toes! So, we are much more happy to spend time together! For this reason, and a few others, I am really looking forward to my kids achieving their independence. As with my older children, our relationships have strengthened as they have matured and worked toward their independence! There can only be great things to come with my youngest two children as well! Best wishes as you send your children off to school this year! Treasure the moments you have, but keep in mind that your relationship with them will continue to grow, even after they have flown the coop!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment