Sunday, July 10, 2011

Taste the Rain!

The picture on our church bulletin today was of a child, similar to this one, playing in the rain.  My 17-year old son was smarting off a bit (really??), and said I would NEVER do that.  I told him next time it rained, I would prove him wrong!  He doesn't believe me... 

Anyway, that made me wonder when we lose that child-like exuberance and carefree love of the world...  When does playing in the rain conjure up images of making a mess, rather than having some great fun getting wet??  What else are we missing out on because it has become a "chore" rather than an experience? 

This week I plan to look for those opportunities to experience life, rather than worry about whether the house is perfectly clean, the dogs will track in leaves, or the drive to work is so long...  Let me know what you discovered during your week, when you stop to taste the rain!

Caryl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment